Thursday, February 19, 2009

The silent Majority & ID thief at church

I saw this from the Glenn Beck Show: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491985,00.html

I have been telling you about the You Are Not Alone project and the Nine Principles — principles that have made this country great. I didn't pull these out of thin air. I borrowed from scripture. I got them from the Founding Fathers. And honestly, a lot of these principles are just common sense. This is not a partisan thing. This is not about elephant or donkey, liberal or conservative. This is about Americans making their voices heard.Part 1 of this project: Read the Nine Principles. And, if you believe in at least seven of them, e-mail your photo to: wesurroundthem@foxnews.com
_____________________________________________
Apparently some in the Catholic Church are o.k. with an illegal alien ID thief working as a staff member of a church. I want to say that I know for a fact that many Christians oppose the illegal alien agenda and will be appalled at this behavior.

Bishop's pastoral letter hits home for parish employee By Marilyn Lanford-Rogers Correspondent

ROGERS -- In November, Bishop Anthony B. Taylor released his first pastoral letter to Catholics in the Diocese of Little Rock called, "I Was a Stranger and You Welcomed Me: A Pastoral Letter on the Human Rights of Immigrants." In the weeks that followed, staff members at St. Vincent de Paul Church gathered to meet and discuss the pastoral letter. It was at the end of one of the meetings that staff members were asked if they had any experiences related to immigration. A slender, dark-haired young woman, Soledad Hernandez, stood and told her story. "I was arrested here in Rogers on June 26, 2001, at the bank where I was working because my social security number was false. An immigration officer and a private detective came to the bank and asked me for my documents, but I didn't have anything. The officer asked me if I knew my rights, and he wanted me to sign a voluntary deportation paper. I said 'No.' He said, 'In that case, you are going to need a lawyer.'"
At the time, Hernandez had lived in Rogers for 10 years. Considering Hernandez a flight risk, the officers of the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (now known as Citizenship and Immigration Services) "did not want me to post bond. I have four brothers in Chicago, one sister in California and one brother in Arizona." For the next five weeks, Hernandez stayed in the Washington County jail. During Hernandez' time in jail, several people reached out to her. Father Miles Heinen, a Vincentian priest working with the Catholic Charities Immigration Services in Springdale, and Sister Mary Paulita Philippe, a Dominican nun, were able to locate legal aid for Hernandez through the Northwest Arkansas chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens. more here...
http://www.arkansascatholic.org/article.php?id=1622

In light of this story, I have a link to the article that shows how Christians should deal with illegal immigration. It is shocking that an ID thief would be able to work at a bank and now works at a church! I'm personally disgusted to see that an illegal alien/ID thief can jump ahead of the thousands of those trying to enter legally. Perhaps the most shocking part of this story is the apparent pride by the Catholic Church in helping an illegal alien cheat the system. Perhaps Soledad Hernandez can show the kiddies how to steal an SSN# or lie to get a job during Sunday School!

http://www.securearkansas.com/resources/Christian-Doctrine.pdf

No comments: